fedora-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 143

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Oct 13 19:38:05 UTC 2004

Brownintel at cs.com wrote:
> my computer has problems running fedora core 2 it has a amd kt 2/450
> processer and is running at about 458 mhz usually when i run fedora core
> 2 it just sits at /sbin/loader and does not do any thing else and once
> or twice i have gotten the followning errors on seperate occations:
>
> gzlib: stdiniinvalid compressed data--crc error
>
> <0> Dernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
>
> how do i fix this
> thanks, dave

The K6-2 is an i586 cpu (not an i686 one).  Make sure that all the RPMs
that you installed are either i386 or i586 architectures....  ie you
shouldn't have any i686 RPMs installed....  The two i686 RPMs that I can
think of would be glibc and kernel....  I used to run kernel-*.i586.rpm
and glibc-*.i386.rpm on my old K6-2/500....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net