Dual Head Video Cards

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Oct 13 19:48:42 UTC 2004

I am using one card has two DVI/VGA outputs.

If you are using the binary nVidia drivers you must comment out or remove
the lines for :

load dri
load glcore

You also need to change the driver(s) from "nv" to "nvidia" and add a line :

load glx

The instruction are in the readme. This is the current readme :

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-6111/README.txt

I did not use the TwinView settings, I just used the settings on the
Dual Head
tab of the "Settings" -> "Display" Application, then modified the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
file again to use the "nvidia" driver for each "card" and made sure the
"cards"
were configured properly.

Good luck.

--