cant mount drive

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 20:30:56 UTC 2004

> I used k3b and it did work now. However I tried to
> mount the cd now to
> view the files and make sure it mounted okay and it
> still wont mount.
> Its giving me the same already mounted error.
>
> I then DF'd and it isnt showing as being mounted
>
> df
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available
> Use% Mounted on
> /dev/hda2             36352632  32781044   1724960
> 96% /
> /dev/hda1                99043     16595     77334
> 18% /boot
> none                    517844         0    517844
> 0% /dev/shm
> /dev/hdb1             57694324  47170648   7592896
> 87% /corp
>
> mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected,
> mounting read-only
> mount: /dev/cdrom already mounted or /mnt/cdrom busy

This is a problem I have often... "mount"
command doesn't list the drive as mounted,
umount won't unmount it saying it is not mounted,
but mount won't mount it saying it is mounted.

not sure what it is due to - I think it is due
to the supermount automounter. If you find a
good solution, let me know. I guess you will
also found at this stage that the CD can't
be ejected by pressing the switch on the drive,
but giving the command eject /dev/cdrom will.
Normally, reboot works for me - after
reboot, when I put the disk in and wait for a few
minutes, then the supermount mounts it. If it
doesn't, then giving mount command works.

=====
উত্তীয় চৌধুরী Uttiya Chowdhury