cant mount drive

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:30:26 UTC 2004

> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

This looks fine and should work. What's more troubling is the the
mount command complains about attempting to mount 'read and write'
while clearly the fstab entry is 'ro'. That means that when you
attempt to mount the CD the above entry is not read.

I am not sure where this is coming from. I noticed that you have NFSv4
running so that might be the source of the problem somehow? Because
you can give the identical command from a terminal

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom -t udf,iso9660 -o ro,noauto,owner,kudzu

after you insert a valid CD in the drive and it should work as you
said. That mean that /etc/fstab is not read properly or is diverted
somehow to somewhere else?

I am not sure...