cant mount drive

Thornton thornton at cierragroup.com
Thu Oct 14 00:45:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 17:16, Filippos Klironomos wrote:
> This is beyond me. If the mount command works properly once typed on a
> terminal but doesn't work as it is supposed to work when you click on
> an icon, then the only thing that I can think of is some messed up
> setting for the cdrom properties on the desktop manager that you use.
>
> Do you use GNOME of KDE?

It does seem to be just the desktop manager though as if I type this it
wont mount.

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/cdrom already mounted or /mnt/cdrom busy

but if I type mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom -t iso9660 -o ro it does
mount.

Which was making me think somehow there is a file not entered properly
or something isnt being read properly on how to mount the cd drive
normally or through the manager.

Thats just my take on what I think seems to be happening anyway.

I'm using KDE.

Thanks