evolution

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Oct 14 02:27:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 01:54, Thornton wrote:
> Where are the email and account settings stored for evolution? The files
> I could move if I needed to move it to another system or reinstall this
> one.

Account setting are stored in ~/.gconf/apps/evolution

Data is stored in ~/evolution for evolution < 1.5 or in ~/.evolution for
evolution >= 1.5

Stored passwords are kept in ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution

Spamassassin's data on spam you've trained it on (if you're using
evolution >= 1.5) is stored in ~/.spamassassin

Before transferring and restoring your data you need to make sure that
evolution is completely shutdown.

So, if you are running evolution < 1.5 you can backup your data like
this:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
evolution --force-shutdown
cd ~
tar -cvzf evolution.tar.gz evolution .gconf/apps/evolution .gnome2_private/Evolution

If you are running evolution >= 1.5 then you may need to change the
above slightly to include your spamassassin data and to take account of
the fact that your data is in ~/.evolution and not ~/evolution.

To restore the data on a new system copy the evolution.tar.gz to your
home directory and do:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
evolution --force-shutdown
cd ~