Any support for wireless-G in FC3?

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 14 03:27:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Jim Lowman wrote:

> One of my computers is in another room of the house, using a Linksys WMP54G
> wireless-G
> network adapter.
>
> Any hope that this device will be supported by FC3?

The following drives are in the current rawhide kernel

# ls /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.610/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
airo_cs.ko   atmel.ko      netwave_cs.ko  orinoco_pci.ko  prism54        wl3501_cs.ko
airo.ko      atmel_pci.ko  orinoco_cs.ko  orinoco_plx.ko  wavelan_cs.ko
atmel_cs.ko  hermes.ko     orinoco.ko     orinoco_tmd.ko  wavelan.ko

> I checked on the Linksys support page, and there seems to be a
> driver for Linux, but there isn't much about its description.

post output from /sbin/lspci - and it tells us which chipset it is.

Satish