snmp broken in FC2

snmp is broken in FC2.  The version of snmp shipped with FC2 is
incompatible with the 2.6 kernel.  A Bugzilla problem was
entered back in April.

I noticed that there are rpm's for a new version of snmp for FC2 on
SourceForge but I ended up in rpm dependency hell trying to install them.

Has anyone got snmp working properly in FC2?

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer