Re: Any support for wireless-G in FC3?

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 19:56 -0700, Jim Lowman wrote:

One of my computers is in another room of the house, using a Linksys
WMP54G wireless-G
network adapter.

Any hope that this device will be supported by FC3?

Not as such.  It's got a Broadcom chip, and Broadcom are famously
clueless when it comes to Linux driver support.

You may have luck using ndiswrapper.

By the way, I found all of this out by Googling for "wmp54g linux".

	<b

Jim,

If there isn't one available now, I don't think it will take long before there is one out.  The differences between the types of wireless (B & G for example) are probably mostly handled by the actual hardware and not the device driver.  Just a theory though.

-Phillip