RE: Multiple Web Sites on the same server

Hi,

> What is the best practice for getting a single server to host multiple domains?
>
> Specifically, I have access to a few public IP addresses and I would like each web
> site to use a unique public IP address, just in case we desire to break out the
> sites onto seperate servers.

Please don't top post - it's damned annoying! Windows users know no
difference due to many years of using the M$ admitted bust
Outlook/Outlook Express spamware, everyone else obeys the time honoured
rules.

Simple way is to get the A and B names on the hosting service to point
to your IP address and then set up a vhost inside of httpd.conf

Failing that, set up a DNS server on your box, get the hosting service
to point to the DNS server and have that farm things out.

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?