kernel panic at "Performing post install configuration..." (Tyan Thunder K8SR (S2881))

Petitmermet, Marc Roland petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 14 09:28:26 UTC 2004

Dear List Members

I have a Tyan Thunder K8SR (S2881) with 1 x 248 AMD Opteron, 2 GB RAM, 4 SATA disks (2 Raid 1 sets). I install in text mode and select nothing (=minimal). The installation runs smoothly until 33% of "Performing post install configuration...". Then there is a kernel panic. This problem occurs with Fedora Core 2 x68_64 as well as with Fedora Core 3 Test 3 x64_64.

Has anybody any idea how to proceed? I was told that SUSE 9.1 does work with the above configuration. But I don't wnat to switch the distribution because I know RedHat sind version 5.

Regards,
Marc