Re: KDE occupies GDM [SOLVED]

Andre Costa wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:54:29 +0200
"Mostafa Z. Afgani" <mostafa afgani world iu-bremen de> wrote:

Markus Huber wrote:

Just solved it with a little help from:
http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/rhl7.3/rhl-rg-de-7.3/s1-x-runlevels.php3

There was an old .Xclients in the home-directory which forced to
overwrite the default settings. After deleting it everything went
fine.

--
Markus

I have a problem with the graphical login screen. I upgraded to KDE 3.3 using the kde-redhat rpms. After that I ran the KDE Kontrol Center and just had a look through the login option as a non-root user and even chose to Discard changes on exit. But on reboot the login screen is no longer the Default FC2 configurable through the GNOME menu. I tried to reconfigure it from GNOME but had no luck. Any ideas anyone?

Hi Mostafa,

check /etc/sysconfig/desktop and see if this is set:

DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

if it is, change it to

DISPLAYMANAGER=GNOME

and maybe your problems will go away.

HTH

Andre

Hello Andre,

DISPLAYMANAGER was indeed set to KDE but even after I changed it to GNOME it didn't help :(.