up2date

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Thu Oct 14 11:53:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 18:25, MOPO3 wrote:

> Is it is possible to download all of updates from official site, burn
> them into CD and at home to use this CD instead of downloading all the
> stuff from internet ? If it is possible, please tell me how can I do
> this.

Hi,

I think so :

man up2date :

-k, --packagedir
              Specify a colon seperated path of directories to look for
              packages before attempting to download them.

(in case you use he command line option, not the GUI)

By the way, I used to put some updates under /var/spool/up2date some
times ago, and it was working quite good. But your need root access for
it.

Or you can configure up2date and tell him that your repository is under
$HOME/updates (for example) . This works also and you need the root
access only to configure it, not after.

Right click on the up2date icon will show you the Configuration menu.

Hope this helps

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand