Re: Image a diskette?

Francis Stevens wrote:
Bob Hartung wrote:

Hi all,
How do I go about creating an image of a floppy diskette that I can use to clone the diskette and use as storage for archival purposes? All I need is the command and then I'll read the relevant parts.

Thanks,

Bob

I use:-

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=./copyofafloppydisk

to create a file which is a copy of the floppy disk and

dd if=./copyofafloppydisk of=/dev/fd0

to create the new floppy.

You don't need to mount the floppy to do this.

FAS

Thanks,
Now I can clone this floppy that I use with Ghost to back up all my Linux installs to an external DVD.

Bob