Re: More SSH 'trolling'

Mike Ramirez wrote:

The safest be for this is to make sure that any user in /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow has there shell set to nologin that doesn't need SSH

What I do is only allow certain user names ssh access from outside. E.g. from /etc/ssh/sshd_config:

AllowUsers john skylar

This only allows my son and I to use ssh; everything else gets rejected with an "illegal user" error.

--

-John (john os2 dhs org)