Howto auto load aic7xxx?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Oct 15 00:44:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 19:10, Michael Makuch wrote:
> Running FC2 for several days. Great. I added my Adaptec scsi card and do
> a 'modprobe aic7xxx' and can directly mount my scsi drives. But how do I
> get the aic7xxx module to automatically load upon boot? Isn't there a
> "more proper" way to load it than simply putting 'modprobe aic8xxx" in
> rc.local? How do I get the kernel to automatically load it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

It should have been put into the /etc/modprobe.conf file by kudzu  when
you added the card.  That happened for me.

Look at /etc/modprobe.conf and see if it is there.  Also look in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf and see if the card was added there.

If the card is not in both those places, it may have not been detected
by kudzu.

If it is in both those locations then it should load automatically.