Moving out Mac

CB fedoralist at crispin.cb-ss.net
Fri Oct 15 01:26:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 06:34, Richard E Miles wrote:

> How do you expect anyone to know all these answers? Are you to lazy to use
> google to search for these things?
> --
> Richard E Miles
> Federal Way WA.
> registered linux user 46097

That seems a bit harsh to me. Google's a good start for doing your own
research, but there's nothing like drawing directly on others'
experience. And no-one has to give answers to every question to supply a
helpful response.

Anyway, my contribution:

> 5. PROTOOLS
> Okay, I know this is REALLY pushing it, but how about ProTools and
> Logic.  I use them both on my Mac.  I realize I cannot take them with
> me, but are there any professional quality applications out there for
> MIDI and hi-end recording

There's always ardour (http://ardour.org/). It seems extremely capable
but is absolutely not for the faint-hearted, In use it is reasonably
intuitive, but it is quite complex to install.The easiest way is
probably to use the the PlanetCCRMA repository
(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/).