Re: Moving out Mac

On Oct 14, 2004, at 9:26 PM, CB wrote:

That seems a bit harsh to me. Google's a good start for doing your own
research, but there's nothing like drawing directly on others'
experience. And no-one has to give answers to every question to supply a
helpful response.

Thank you for chiming in. I was going to reply to his message but decided not to.

You hit the nail on the head. I HAD done searches on Google (and MSN, for what it's worth). And I did find a few links that looked promising. HOWEVER, I am NOT a Linux pro nor do I even use it on a regular basis. What I was hoping for, more than anything else, were unbiased opinions. The last thing I wanted was to say that I found "XYZ Utility" only to get a reply like "yup."

There's always ardour (http://ardour.org/). It seems extremely capable
but is absolutely not for the faint-hearted, In use it is reasonably
intuitive, but it is quite complex to install.The easiest way is
probably to use the the PlanetCCRMA repository
(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/).

Aaah, that answered a question I had. I had found links to "PlanetCCRMA" but was not entirely sure about Ardour. The page I had found did have info about Ardour but it read more like it was an unintelligent recorder app. Now I understand how the too fit together (CCRMA and Ardour). Thanks for clarifying that.

Thanx again,
Ryan

</x-tad-smaller>Tired of spam? Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say goodbye to junk email forever!