make modules_install : unknown symbols

John Francis Lee jfl at robinlea.com
Fri Oct 15 02:54:34 UTC 2004

Alexander...

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 08:40, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 15.10.2004 schrieb John Francis Lee um 3:02:
>
> >  cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.8.1
> >  make mrproper
> >  cp /boot/.config-2.6.5-1.358 .config
> >  make oldconfig
>
> You should run "make oldconfig" twice - just to be sure. Under some
> conditions that is needed.
What about the guy in the previous post, Jeff Vian, who tells me this is
the wrong thing to do to begin with?

> >  make xconfig
>
> What do you change here? Do you add modules or deactivate some?

I removed many modules that I do not need. The default Fedora config
makes so many modules that the make had previously failed when I ran out
of room on my root volume.

--
John Francis Lee <jfl at robinlea.com>