GAIM produces 100s of children

Gideon N. Guillen gideong at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 03:37:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:12:43 -0400, Chris Ruprecht <chrisr at ruprecht.org> wrote:
> I'm running Gaim 1.0.0-0 FC2 under FC2. When started under GNOME, it
> seems to create 100s of child processes. They don't die, when I quit
[snipped]
> I have not observed this behavior under KDE. Any ideas anybody?

Maybe you're saving your session before closing GNOME but not closing
gaim before that, and you also happend to run gaim from an auto-start
script. GNOME session will try to run instances of gaim accumulated
from previous sessions, and the run it again from auto-start.

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong at gmail.com

Take back the web! Download Firefox Today!