FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Ken Johanson fedora at kensystem.com
Fri Oct 15 04:11:08 UTC 2004

Answer not needed, I'm keenly aware of the politics behind this.

But I'd forgotten about this "issue" and spent my time trying out what I
though must be a viable distro...

But since it didnt detect my DGE-530 NIC, and the drivers that Dlink
kindly provides need to be compiled, I'm SCREWED by the politics because
a bunch of headers and fundamantal-to-any-Linux kernel source is not
installed. Thats right, the most rudimentary component of the system
besides the kernel itslef, not placed in /usr/src/linux. Flame*Nuclear.

And it doesnt exist as an option under the add-remove app's so called..
but FAR FROM complete.. "developent tools" section either.

Be giving Suse, Mandrake, etc another look. No time for Redhat games.

-PS anyone who wants to waste keytrokes telling me that *I* should
research some Redhat specific way of getting the kernel - even if its
obtusely hidden on a disk... dont bother.