Re: merits of portknocking (was: More SSH 'trolling')

The more I hear here and read elsewhere, the more I moderate my position - I do see usefulness in it, but I still don't plan to use it.

I agree that "security through obscurity" is a useful, if small, part of "security in depth".

In my case I don't choose to use portknocking, but now that I've researched more about it, including rebuttals to some of the criticisms, I've come to appreciate it better. I might use it under the right circumstances.