Re: FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Ken Johanson wrote:

But since it didnt detect my DGE-530 NIC, and the drivers that Dlink kindly provides need to be compiled, I'm SCREWED by the politics because a bunch of headers and fundamantal-to-any-Linux kernel source is not installed. Thats right, the most rudimentary component of the system besides the kernel itslef, not placed in /usr/src/linux. Flame*Nuclear.

i'm sorry if this is a really dim question, but in what sense is the kernel source not available? i have the kernel-source package installed, and it's stuck about a quarter of a gig of files under /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358. they look a lot like the source of such kernels as i've built recently.

am i completely missing some important point? is this not the kernel source?

--

  Tom Yates
  Cambridge, UK.