Burning the ISOs for Fedora Core 2

Stuart Jansen stuart.jansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:14:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:01:01 -0500, Kris Guye <krisg at mchsi.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

Three programs told you that you probably have a bad image, and you
wonder why the install won't work? I'm going to go out on a limb and
guess that you need to download the isos again because you probably
got a bad image.

When you do so, don't use Internet Explorer. It has been know to
corrupt ISOs in the past. Try a different mirror. Many years ago, I
had problems with a certain mirror consistently serving bad images.
You might have been hit by the same problem.

I personally recommend iBibilio (UNC). They consistenly provide high
quality mirrors.

--
Stuart Jansen

"The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools."
 - Larry Niven, Ringworld