Re: FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Ken Johanson wrote:
Answer not needed, I'm keenly aware of the politics behind this.

But I'd forgotten about this "issue" and spent my time trying out what I though must be a viable distro...

But since it didnt detect my DGE-530 NIC, and the drivers that Dlink kindly provides need to be compiled, I'm SCREWED by the politics because a bunch of headers and fundamantal-to-any-Linux kernel source is not installed. Thats right, the most rudimentary component of the system besides the kernel itslef, not placed in /usr/src/linux. Flame*Nuclear.

And it doesnt exist as an option under the add-remove app's so called.. but FAR FROM complete.. "developent tools" section either.

Be giving Suse, Mandrake, etc another look. No time for Redhat games.

-PS anyone who wants to waste keytrokes telling me that *I* should research some Redhat specific way of getting the kernel - even if its obtusely hidden on a disk... dont bother.

This thread shall be prefixed [AUTOFLAME] ot [TROLL] :)

\\Andro

PS: I DO have better things to do on the weekend, I just party at my work desk now. Really...

--
Andrey Andreev
University of Helsinki