Installing FC2 on a 3ware 9000-series card?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Oct 15 19:14:19 UTC 2004

I have some new servers with all of their disk on 3w-9500S-4LP cards.
I know that the original FC2 releases predate support for this card,
but the current update kernels include the driver.  Unfortunately that
means the boot kernels don't see it; they try to load the 3w-xxxx
driver instead of the 3w-9xxx and the card is not found.

The trick of booting the FC3test images and using them to install the
FC2 packages doesn't work.  (I've used this in the past to install
onto hardware the FC2 boot images can't handle.)

Has anyone successfully installed FC2 onto a 3ware 9000-series card?
I fear I'm in for a lesson in hacking new boot images.

 - J<