FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Oct 15 21:08:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:00:07PM -0600, Ken Johanson wrote:
> My only desire is to get the exact source that built the kernel (w/o
> manual labor or version-interpolation) - an rpm is fine, so is tar, etc.

Ahh, in that case, the new situation is a _huge_ improvement. One of the
problems with the old way was that multiple binary kernel packages are
generated from the same source. So, which of those -- SMP or not, your
architecture or not -- is the one that gets picked to be dropped in the
binary-source package?

Instead, just install the source RPM, and you'll have exactly what you want,
with no ambiguity.