FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Oct 15 23:56:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 17:48 -0600, Ken Johanson wrote:
> *perhaps* you missed the point - I have never said its not available -
> its is for probably every distro and version, ever!!!!! What I did say,
> sigh, is that its not included in the install discs. The implications of
> this can be read in prior posts.

Bzzzt... thank you for playing. You have said several times that it is
*not available* (with emphasis, and I'm sure that both you and I can
find the textual exact quotes where you said it).

It took several posts to understand that it *is* available and that you
actually knew that, but that you were unhappy because it had been moved
to another disk.

Please be consistent and clear in your arguments if you expect to get
anywhere. I also suggest that your problems would go away if you were to
spend this much time simply arguing on fedora-devel and fedora-test that
the kernel SRPM should be duplicated (placed once on the binary disks
and once on the source disks) for ease of installation. This *might*
imply removing some packages that you feel are obscure and irrelevant...
and you can suggest that too.

But this rant/flame is not convincing anyone of your point of view,
mostly because you present and argue it very poorly. There seem to be
better ways for you to invest your time and effort to get the results
you would like.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>