Take it from the web, not from the CD

YigalB byigal at zahav.net.il
Sat Oct 16 08:27:58 UTC 2004

>> I even wish to have one installation CD instead of 4, and all the
rest
>> would be taken from the web, something like "mini installation mode".
>
>That is exactly what boot.iso does:
>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/image
s/bo
>ot.iso
>
>Find a mirror here:
>  http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html
>
>Choose HTTP for the Installation Method then type a URL such as:
>  http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/2/i386/os/
>

>To automate the install process you should read about how to use
>Kickstart.

[<Yigal>] I still son't get it: I searched in
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/
and got no clue how to do it. Perhaps I should describe better what I
want to do:
I want to have one CD which I place into a PC. When I execute it I
formats the drive, install basic FC2 with internet connection and
download the rest of the FC2 including predefined applications, games
etc.
The target is to eliminate the need to go to RPMFIND and install the
programs one by one.