Can I just say...

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sat Oct 16 11:33:34 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 05:41, Mark Knights wrote:
> I went and bought a copy of the Fedora 2 Core Cd's (They were $16.95
> Australian attached to a mag helping with Linux etc.) a week and a half
> ago.  I tried Fedora 2 about 8 months ago and I thought it would turn me
> off linux forever.
>
> I LOVE LINUX!  I am now in the process of phasing out Winblows for
> Fedora 2.  I find the Linux system brilliant to use and the work that
> has gone into it has blown me away.
>
> I am a first year uni student in computing and 30 years old.  Linux is
> the system I need to help me truly come to terms with what computing
> should be.  Thanks to all of those that had a hand in developing it.
>
> No questions - just a great big thankyou to all!

    Well, welcome to the family.  Just like family, we don't all get
along, but we all work in the same general direction.

    Isn't Fedora totally kick-ass? They've done a truly solid job on the
internals and such; catching up to the proprietary devices can be a
pain, but that's the nature of the beast...

    I blew about a whole year in dual-booting; when I needed to bang-out
a document, rather than learning what Linux had, I'd reboot into Windows
and keep up the old habits.  But that's been a really long time ago;
'I'm much better now'.  :>

    Welcome!
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller