Moving out Mac

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Sat Oct 16 14:51:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 10:48, Roy W. Erickson wrote:

> I just bought a powerbook and have not opened the box - still wondering
> if I really want it (I got it at Educational Discount Rates - pt time
> math teacher ;). I have 14 days to give it back.

You want it :)

> I got it because I'm tired when I get home after a long day of
> sysadmin-ing Suns, SGI, RH, W2K, switches, firewalls, etc etc etc also
> teaching Math.

Fair enough (guess OS X is what you want then) - dual boot w/Fedora,
it'll rock

No idea whats available, but www.versiontracker.com should help

> I am also in need of moving my book project to a Framemaker (old name)
> like publisher's s/w.

Why not OOo Writer with Styles?

> I know fedora can do all of this. The question is how much set-up work
> will it take?

Not much, with FC3 - release in about half a month at that

> Q: Should I choose to toss the powerbook back, what would be a good
> proven fedora capable laptop that is well supported in the drivers
> department?

No, keep! (But I'm a Mac fan - Linux on Mac fan)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi