Re: Camera and USB stick together

Hello, OK, now it is making sense. Perms for the device are now root only though... I did read somewhere about how to change the perms for these devices to "user" but I can't find the perms reference anywhere on this list. Thanks, Jim

<snip>
&gt; Hi Pasha, Thank you. But how do the entrys in /etc/updfstab.conf.default
&gt; correlate with sda1 or sdb1 assignments. I think that what happens is if
&gt; the stick was set in fstab to /dev/sda1, then removed and the camera was the
&gt; only thing plugged in, the camera becomes sda1, not the stick and things get
&gt; wonky.

Don't write anything to your fstab file about /dev/sda1...sdb1 ... Don't create
any /mnt/memstick or whatever related to these sticks or camera: updfstab will
do the job if there are corresponding entries in /etc/updfstab.conf.default

--
François Patte
</snip>