Re: repository for yum updates ?

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:51:12 -0500, cajun wrote:

> Have a question.  To start off with I am running RH9 with all the latest
> patches.  In my yum.conf file I point to :
>
> http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/
>
> I have been noticing that when an update comes out that the fedoralegacy
> site is update way before the fedora site is.  Is there a reason for
> this?  What would be the harm of me pulling my updates for the
> fedoralegacy site then the fedora site?  Or is just that the
> fedoralegacy site is updated first and when time permits the fedora site
> is then updated?
>
> Thanks for the insight!!

fedora.us also serves as a mirror of Fedora Legacy Updates [*]. Unless
you are located on Hawaii, you should have no need to download from
download.fedora.us because that server is located on Hawaii. You
should be able to find a different mirror which is closer to you.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.30 1.22 1.25