Re: ASUS P5A-B AMD-K6-2/500 FC2 install problems

Rick Lim wrote:
> I have a ASUS P5A-B AMD-K6-2/500 which I have installed FC2 with a non
> Xwindows install and it works ok, when I try a FC2 install with Xwindows
> about ¾ thru the install it suddenly reboots.

<snip>

> Is there a work around?

How much memory do you have? How much swap? There's a chance that you're
running out of memory.

What sort of network connection do you have? Try installing a minimal
FC2, then getting yum to install X, Gnome, and whatever else you want.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dalek invasion at work today. Plugged them into the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | net: they behave better than some Windows boxes. They