Wireless Ethernet PC Card Problem

rab rab at nauticom.net
Sat Oct 16 22:03:19 UTC 2004

I use a D-Link Air 802.11b Wireless LAN Adapter (DWL-650) card in my
Toshiba laptop. I have no problem connecting to my home wireless
network. It's all automatic. But when traveling, or at school, I have
yet to be able to connect to other wireless networks. At a hotel the
other day, I had to use the hotel's wireless bridge (connected to the
hardwired ethernet port). The wireless directions mentioned using
"LODGE" as the SSID. But nothing worked. At a different hotel, I was
told it should automatically connect. Same a school, even using the
specific directions about SSID, etc. If someone could help explain what
I need to do, I would greatly appreciate it. I've tried using the card
with WinXP (the laptop dual boots) but even with the latest drivers, XP
crashes almost immediately with the card plugged in (everytime).

Rick B.