AVM Fritz Card and capi

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Oct 16 23:26:13 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 16.10.2004 schrieb Ian Clough um 11:28:

Hi Ian!

> Thanks for helping again Alexander

No problem, you are welcome.

> Oct 16 10:02:25 vigor11 kernel: hisax_fcpcipnp: Unknown parameter `type'

There still exists the misconfiguration. You did anywhere set a type
instruction.

> However I still do not have capi:-
>
> [root at Vigor11 log]# capiinfo
> capi not installed - No such device or address (6)
> [root at Vigor11 log]# capiinit
> ERROR: cannot load module kernelcapi
> [root at Vigor11 log]# modprobe kernelcapi
> [root at Vigor11 log]# modprobe capi
> [root at Vigor11 log]# capiinit
> ERROR: cannot load module kernelcapi
>
> I have tried a few complete new installs of FC2 so I do not think it is
> caused by something that I have done :-)

> Ian

First, I slept when first replying - what you do can't work!

You are using HiSaX as well as trying CAPI. You can't use both at same
time. If you want to use CAPI then you have to avoid the loading of any
HiSaX module. You too have to get the CAPI closed source tarball from
the AVM ftp server.

I have no Fritz PCI card, so I can't test it myself on FC2. Following is
the list of CAPI related modules I have on another system:

capidrv                27188   2
isdn                  130048   2  [capidrv]
fcclassic             584256   4
capi                   19936   6
capifs                  5036   1  [capi]
kernelcapi             33248   6  [capidrv fcclassic capi]
capiutil               24544   0  [capidrv kernelcapi]

You don't need necessarily capidrv, and fcclassic is the module for my
old ISA Fritz card.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 01:14:27 up 2 days, 20:25, load average: 0.05, 0.26, 0.24