USB thumb drive possible addition to updfstab.conf.default?

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Sat Oct 16 23:48:47 UTC 2004

Scott Talbot wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 04:56 -0700, John McBride wrote:
>
>>This msg regards a 2 gb. memorex traveldrive.
>

> OK 1st of all 2GB! color me jealous

Thanks...I like it a lot. When I saw it on sale a couple weeks ago at
exactly 2x the price of the 1 gb. model I couldn't resist plus I had
some extra cash so I went for it!

>>File:
>>/etc/updfstab.conf.default
>>
>>Section:
>>  device flash {
>>     partition 1
>>
>>Addition:
>>match   hd "Unknown Memorex TD 2B"
>>

> this should be the output of "ls /proc/scsi/scsi"
> the section Model: (probably what you have, without "unknown")

True...it is as you say. It still works with :

match   hd "Memorex TD 2B"

> after insertion, check dmesg to find out where it is assigned (i.e. sdX)

No problem with this.../dev/sda1

> Just a little plug here.  If you intend to upgrade to FC3, I've found
> that udev takes really good care of Hotplug devices such as these (now I
> just need the same with my Zip drive).

Looking forward to it--we will switch soon after the release.

---
John