Networks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have two computers.  Each wired to a linksys broadband router.  The see and can access the outside world, but I can not telenet or ftp them.  I can ping the ip address that the router (with dhcp) has given them.

What I would like to do is:

1.  be able to share files between the two boxes, like nfs.
2.  be able to address the boxes by a name rather then a number
3.  make telnet, ftp and ssh work between the two
4.  because the router uses dhcp, can I get the same ip on each box everytime?

I know this is a big task, but can some one help me get started?

Phil Scherzinger
pscherz earthlink net