Re: Is my computer safe enough if I use just iptables?

Timothy Payne wrote:

Don't laugh, OK go ahead, I set up an old P75 w/16 mb of ram on a piece
of 3/4" plywood.  My apt. is small and it fits under an end table.  All
I needed was a floppy drive and 2 nics, see www.freesco.org for an easy
firewall.  And yes I save all my old computer stuff.

Not laughing; this is almost what I have: a P200 fished out of a dumpster, spent a few bucks on 128MB of memory, a HD, and a couple cheap NICs, then installed NetBSD as firewall/NAT for my network.

--

-John (john os2 dhs org)