webcams and gaim

Travis Waalkens traviswaalkens at cox.net
Sun Oct 17 15:13:56 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 23:25 -0600, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:21 -0700, Travis Waalkens wrote:
> > I have done google searches but I don't know really what to look for. I
> > want to be able to view my girlfriends webcam when she uses it but gaim
> > doesn't have built in support for it. Is there an alternative to gaim or
> > a way to view webcams without installing something on her computer, or
> > anybody know of a way to view them with gaim.
>
> http://gaim-vv.sourceforge.net/
> --

I researched that but I don't understand how to install it.
These are the instructions
I know up to step 2. I think step 3 means to make a backup but it would
be nice to say that I guess. anyway, I don't know what to do with step 4
on so I was never able to install it.

gaim-vv installation:

1) Download and save to your home directory
2) Extract it by doing tar xvfj <filename>
3) cd gaim-0.79-vv*
4) ./configure --with-libj2k=/usr --enable-linphone --enable-msn-vv --
prefix=/usr && make
5) su
6) make install