Re: webcams and gaim

Travis Waalkens wrote:
<snip>
I researched that but I don't understand how to install it. These are the instructions
I know up to step 2. I think step 3 means to make a backup but it would
be nice to say that I guess. anyway, I don't know what to do with step 4
on so I was never able to install it.

Step 3 means change directory into the directory just created by extracting the tar file.

gaim-vv installation:

1) Download and save to your home directory
2) Extract it by doing tar xvfj <filename>
3) cd gaim-0.79-vv*
4) ./configure --with-libj2k=/usr --enable-linphone --enable-msn-vv --
prefix=/usr && make
5) su
6) make install