Finding the SSID of a Wireless Network

rab rab at nauticom.net
Sun Oct 17 19:37:37 UTC 2004

Is there a way to determine the SSID of a wireless network? I have never
been able to connect to a hotel network or one at my university, even
though it works fine with my home wireless network. I don't understand
why I can't connect. I set up the card to use DHCP. At the unversity, I
even put in the SSID. The card is a D-Link DWL-650 (uses the prism2
chipset). The card works perfectly with my home wireless network under
Linux. I've tried using the card under XP (the laptop dual boots) but
even with the latest windows drivers, XP crashes EVERY time if the card
is plugged in/

Rick B.