Simple Linux

Eucke euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Mon Oct 18 06:24:27 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary" <garyjudy at shaw.ca>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 4:21 PM
Subject: Simple Linux

> Is there a version of Linux out that is easy to get used to, coming from
> the ms world. I don't really want to have to compile and install and setup
> all the programs, or maybe I had better stick to ms.
>
> Gary.....Linux newbie

Give FC a shot...it certainly cannot hurt.  Simple is hard to hurt
really...you tend to get into the recompiling and things like that when you
start to go fancy.....like RAID cards   grumble grumble grumble....my
personal cross to bear right now...  You also can see issues when you're
using brand new hardware for which Linux drivers may not exist.  If you're
dealing with older stuff...there's a good chance that drivers are readily
available.

Give it a shot....you may just surprise yourself...

-Eucke