Re: Booting FC2 from hard disk w/RedHat 8

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 09:45, Burnie West wrote:
> I am running Red Hat 8.0; downloaded the four FC2 iso's into one of
> several available
> partitions.  Haven't yet been able to find instructions I can follow to
> boot FC2 from
> there.
>
> Any pointers? Links?
>
> THANKS !!

If you have CD burning capabilities, the rescue CD iso is one choice the
other is the boot.iso image on your favorite mirror
(/fedora/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/images).

The diskboot.img can be written to a USB pen drive if that method is
available for booting.

Other than that there have been several threads about booting from
floppy, but no official Fedora boot image.

Bob...