Samba troubles

Richard Schmitt richard_schmitt at charter.net
Mon Oct 18 15:03:06 UTC 2004

Thanks Alexander, this certainly helped. I rewrote smb.conf to follow
your suggested file.

Now smbclient works. Here is the what I get

Unknown parameter encountered: "unix passwd sync"
Ignoring unknown parameter "unix passwd sync"
params.c:Parameter() - Ignoring badly formed line in configuration file:
passwd chat + *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
*passwd: *all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
Unknown parameter encountered: "SO_SNDBUF"
Ignoring unknown parameter "SO_SNDBUF"
Unknown parameter encountered: "blind interfaces only"
Ignoring unknown parameter "blind interfaces only"
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[LGI] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-2.FC2]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        mydata          Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        lp0             Printer   lp0
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[LGI] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-2.FC2]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        WINSOREN             Samba Server

        Workgroup            Master
        LGI                  WINSOREN
 The only trouble is that I still cannot access the network. E-mail and
Internet function, but not the network. If I click on "Network Servers"
the "Windows Network" icon appears. If click on that, I get a blank
window. At the bottom of the window it says "Windows Network. 0 items"

Richard
--
Richard Schmitt
65 Tory Fort Lane