ISO Image Problem

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Mon Oct 18 20:52:28 UTC 2004

Steve Walter wrote:
>>Dale Sykora:
>>
>>Other than slowing down the write speed (as already suggested), are you
>>sure you are "creating cd from image" rather than just "copying *.iso to
>>cd".
> Yes.  I'm booting from disk 1 and running "linux mediacheck" at the boot:
> prompt.
> I've also tried starting the install process which takes you into the
> mediacheck
> anyway.
Looks like I missed the mediacheck part.  You might try a different
group of cd blanks.  I once had a spindle of 50 (OfficeDepot brand)
where the first 25 or so worked and then I kept getting errors after
that.  Once I got a new spindle, everything worked again.  I heard (from
someone who qualifies cd-r drives) that Verbatim Datalife+ are good.