Help needed

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Oct 18 22:40:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 23:01, Tim Holmes wrote:
> For some stupid reason, it booted from the CD the first time, and then hung, and refuses to boot from the CD again, as for the USB key, I don't know, Ive never tried, and Im not sure how would go about setting that up

Is there already an OS on the machine you're trying to install onto?

If yes, and it's DOS/Windows, try the method described in the
next-to-last posting at:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_20926221.html
Disregard the postings above that one as many of them are nonsense.

If yes, and it's Linux, try the method described at:
http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~bylander/fedora2-experience.html

If no, try installing freedos (http://www.freedos.org/) and then use the
DOS method above.

Paul.