Where's the source files?

I'm trying to make sure I have all the modules I need for a USB
Camera and card reader so I tried 'make menuconfig' and 'make
xconfig.' I got the message "No target..." and realized I don't
have the source files! I remember seeing something about them
somewhere along the way but I can't remember where and I can't
find anything about them on Fedora site nor at LinuxISO.org.

Are they on the CD's?

I've already updated everything with yum including the kernel.
Is it too late to use those source files?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce