Who prints the "Shutting down /dev/hda" message when shutting down?

Hi guys,

I wonder who prints the Shutting down /dev/hda message when I shut down my system.

I'm testing the 2.6.9-rc4 vanilla kernel and this message isn't printed.
While when using the 2.6.8.1 from fedora it is printed.
Is this a message from kernel or it is in some fedora script?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.