FC2 Help Needed - Apache 2.0 Source Location for mod_jk build

Lukas Bradley lukas at somnia.com
Tue Oct 19 19:32:58 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm extremly new to using Fedora, and don't know the locations of things.

I've updated the Apache modules using yum, and have installed Tomcat.
My problem is trying to build a module for the Tomcat/Apache connector,
mod_jk.  I'm trying to use Apache 2.0.51 and Tomcat 5.0.x.

The build help for mod_jk states:

   Apache related parameters:
   --with-apxs[=FILE]
   FILE is the location of the apxs tool. Default is finding apxs in PATH.
   It builds a shared Apache module. It detects automaticly the Apache
version.
   (2.0 and 1.3)
* --with-apache=DIR
   DIR is the path where apache sources are located.
   The apache sources should have been configured before configuring mod_jk.

In attempting to run ./configure, I get errors about it not being able
to find the Apache source.

Questions:

1.  Where is the Apache default source?  If not a default install,
should I just upload all the source to a dumby directory and reference it?

2.  What is apxs?  I've tried many searches on it, but have found
nothing.  I also can't find any files named apxs anywhere.

Any help appreciated.